6 things to consider about co-parenting
• Who are the child’s legal parents and who will have parental responsibility?
• How much time will the child spend with each parent – first as a baby, then a tod- dler and beyond?
• How will you reach agreement on education, medical care – or religion etcetera? what happens if you cannot agree? for example, you can record in the agreement that you will first attempt mediation to resolve such issues.
• What happens if a relationship breaks down? will the child go from having one home to two, or two homes to three? what happens if one of you starts a new relationship?
• How much financial responsibility will each parent bear – and what happens if financial circumstances change?
• What happens if one of you wants to move away?